Friday, July 29, 2011

The new store

Guest post from: Constance Rodgers

My new store did really well the first three years we were open, and then the recession hit. Since we were mostly a referral outfit things were great without much marketing at all but when the economy dried up, so did our business. We had to pour thousands of dollars into an advertising company so they could get things back on track and it turns out all we did was waste our money. I wish I had listened when my mother told me to save for something like this! Anyway, we’re still doing okay with the loyal clients we have but I’ve recently had to let two employees go and go to BANK-CARD-Processing.com to start taking credit cards for the first time. I know this market has been tough on everyone but I can’t help feeling like we got it worse than most. Wish me luck in the coming months since only time will tell if our little business is able to survive this awful, awful time in American history.

No comments: